Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day One!

After what felt like a lifetime on airplanes and taxis, I finally got to Florence this morning at 10am. Now, nearly 12 hours later, I am surprisingly still awake and running on some hidden source of energy! The city is amazing...our apartment is literally an eight minute walk from the city center...where the Duomo is, and so many other amazing sites. There are carts everywhere filled with purses and scarves, and all sorts of other things to distract me form saving my money. Though, so far, I've only spent money on a bottle of water that turned out to be disappointingly disgusting because it was sparkling and bubbly. gross... Then my friend Lauren and I nearly got attacked by some wacko man in the middle of the square. Apparently he thought it was funny to scream and run around at the top of his lungs and try to catch us...not too funny, but our very first strange experience. Moving on to the grocery store...not really the same stuff there either. The milk is...warm. I don't do warm milk. Which means I won't be eating cereal for the next four months. Truly a tragedy, and major letdown in my breakfast options. So for the most part, Florence has been great so far. It's super hot and super humid, but probably one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen.

No comments: