Wednesday, October 22, 2008

midterms and muggers

Hip hip hooray midterms are over! Well sorta...I do have an Italian exam tomorrow, but I have decided that studying for that would be overrated and totally not worth it. I have studied so much in the past week that my brain is on overdrive and there is no space left for new information. Today I had my art history test, so I stayed up to the wee hours of 4am last night cramming...and I'm pretty sure it paid off! Therefore, I decided to take a 4 hour nap today after the test, and then I got Mexican food for dinner. I am so excited about the place I found. I got nachos and a steak burrito for 6 euro! And is was super delicious...so I'll probably go there for lunch tomorrow. haha. Then after dinner, I wandered around the corner and found a bar that has American coffee!!!! I have never been so excited to have a latte. yummm. So today was filled with wonderfully un-Italian food and culture, and it was so great!

But then I had a bit of a freak situation...Lauren went to walk over to our school around 7 tonight to print out some papers, and while we were walking we almost got mugged! A guy came up behind us on his bike, and we thought he was going to pass us, but then he grabbed Lauren's arm and pushed up against the wall and started shaking us, screaming "le borse, le borse" (give me your purses)! I was so freaked out, I started screaming at the top of my lungs...something along the lines of "get the hell away from us, leave us alone...ahhhhhh." It seemed to work...he hopped on his bike and rode away laughing, like it was some kind of joke. jackass. I think he realized that my super screachy scream was calling attention in our direction...there were people like 50 feet away from us (who didn't even react, might I add...how horrible)! So anyway, we are totally fine, but just really shaken up. And now I never want to leave the apartment past 6pm. Especially since we were together...I will not ever go anywhere alone again!

So much for having an exciting, uplifiting story to tell you all. midterms and muggers...ugh. I'm sure I will come back next week with exciting adventures from France, Switzerland, and Austria. Saturday marks the beginning of fall break, and I have never been more pumped! Which means...I won't have my computer all next week, but I'll be able to access e-mail if anyone is desperate to talk to me =) Ciao for now!

No comments: